Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New Addition To Our Family

On August 14th, I found out that I was pregnant. It was one of those surreal moments where you see the positive on the pregnancy test, but just don't believe your eyes. I took a picture to make sure that it was true.



After Blake and I found out the exciting news, we decided to wait until after the ultrasound to tell our family and friends. What a long 5 weeks that was!!! But at the same time, it was a special time for us to talk and discuss and prepare ourselves for this new season.

On September 15th, we went for the first ultrasound. Blake and I were both in awe over everything we could see - the head, the body, the arms, the legs, the heart beat, and even both hemispheres of the brain. It is amazing the way the Lord knits His creations in the womb - what He creates in the secret places! After the lady left the room, we prayed for our little one together!



Here is our little "PEANUT" - Blake's name for the baby!


How did we tell our parents?
We told my mom and dad the day before they left for a Mediterranean Cruise. I told them we had a gift for them for their trip. Needless to say, they were very surprised to see a picture of an ultrasound instead.



We told Blake's parents a few days later when celebrating Brenda's birthday. Blake had her open a card with a gift card, then said he had another gift that we left in the car. He came back with a gift bag with this picture inside.




A special story
The week before Blake and I conceived, my sweet friends - Jamie, Jordan, Page, and Andria - gave me some precious gifts to encourage me during this season of waiting for God's plan concerning children. They gave me a believe plaque, a faith candle, and a prayer scarf. Jamie also wrote me a beautiful poem. Afterwards, we skyped Page, and she had a special pair of booties made by her mother-in-law, Cindy. They told me that these booties were for my baby, and that my friends would be praying over these booties in the weeks to come. They prayed over me, and it was a moment that I will never forget. One week later, the Lord opened my womb and created life. What an amazing God we serve!



Believe, Faith, Prayer



Prayer Booties

Thanks to all of my family and friends for your many many prayers for me and my husband. We will both be forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers