Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time To Eat

The month of February, we have been introducing Caleb to finger and table foods. It's amazing how much we have to learn in life, and you really don't realize it until you have to teach a little one how to do everything.

A trip down "feeding" memory lane...

We started cereal at 4 months old and tried for 2 weeks, but eventually stopped when we realized that he was spitting up so much more. At 6 months old, we started again, hopeful that this time he would like it better. Well, Caleb did not like cereal... we moved on to veggies and stuck to those for about a month. He liked sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, carrots, but no no no to sweet peas. Then we added fruit... we thought "Oh he is going to LOVE fruit!" No big deal to Caleb. He had no problem eating a few bites of the fruit and letting you know he didn't want anymore. He did not care for peaches, but he liked applesauce, pears, and apples/blueberries. He did not like bananas at all!

So this past month, we have been trying to work with Caleb on textures, table food, and self-feeding. Here is Caleb's first time eating a sweet potato puff.


Into the mouth


Okay, not so bad


And then, he had to swallow it... gag!!!

Every time I look at this picture, I laugh so hard! Caleb gags on any new texture. I'm happy to say that he is coming along. After a month, he is now eating puffs happily. He seems to like bananas (at least sometimes). He wasnt'a big fan of avocado, but I'll keep trying on that one. Last night, I discovered that he likes cheese. I gave him a bite of my chicken and cheese pizza. He seemed to really like the chicken with melted cheese on it. Yummy for Caleb! He'll now eat his veggies with chicken pieces in it, and he's not gagging as much. He doesn't like yogurt yet, but he is drinking water through a draw - yeah! We celebrate each new accomplishment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers