With the passing away of my big brother, it was extremely difficult to even think about taking a baby bump picture this week. It seemed so insignificant when I was about to face such a difficult day of seeing my brother at the funeral home. However, I felt strongly that Chip would want me to take this belly picture and continue to celebrate the life growing inside me.
This baby bump picture is very special. In the red chair, you can see the gift bag Chip gave me the day before he went to be with the Lord. You can also see the precious gift he gave Blake and me for our little Caleb.
and a Georgia Baby Football from Caleb's Uncle Chip
I can tell you that it was with such heartache to take a picture of these precious gifts from my brother. To know that in the last hours of his life, he went to buy these gifts for Caleb, penetrates my heart so deeply. How blessed I feel that the Lord gave me those last minutes with my brother - all because he insisted that we meet so he could give me this gift. In that last coversation with Chip, I was able to listen to his voice once more, listen to him share the ups and downs of life, and hear him share his heart. In the midst of him feeling so sick and so scared that he would never get better, he made it a point to say that he couldn't wait to meet his nephew. In fact, after saying our goodbyes and me telling him I loved him for the last time, he told me: "Take care of that baby!" "Take care of that baby!"- something he often told me.
Thank you Lord for those last moments with my big brother!
Thank you for his life!
Thank you for your gift of salvation that for all who believe in you
- we may have eternal life!
My big brother is in Heaven with You and for that, I can rejoice with all my heart!
Hi Lindy,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Andi's. I wanted to let you know that you guys have been in our prayers constantly since last week. We were so saddened to hear about Chip's passing. Zack was fortunate in that he got to hang out with Chip on Monday night at our sons' basketball practice. It was obviously a God-ordained meeting, and he was thankful that he had the chance to see him and catch up. The service on Sunday was such a beautiful celebration of your big brother's life. While I didn't ever get to know him, I know the rest of your family and I mourn for all of you. I pray for peace and endurance that can only come from God for each of you right now.
Also, I'm so excited for you and Blake and the upcoming arrival of your first child. God is good, and I praise Him for creating this new life. I pray that He will give you the wisdom and guidance to bring up your little one in the way that he should go.
In His love,
Jennifer
My sweet friend! My heart is broken at your loss of your brother. However, I know that Chip was already a VERY proud uncle and I think that we are going to be able to see some of Caleb's Uncle Chip in Caleb. We know for certain that Chip loved you and he loved your little boy! Praise the Lord that Chip is no longer sick or in pain but completely and totally in awe of the Lord and resting in and praising Him face to face. Caleb keep growing little one!!
ReplyDelete