Baby Bump pictures were taken this week
in Drew and Mandy's Beautiful Home

Drew and Mandy - what an incredibly handsome couple!
This was a big week for me. I woke up one morning and thought - "Wow, I am bloated today!" Well, that new bloatedness never went away and came to stay. They say you pop out overnight, well, I definitely did that this week. My little boy is without a doubt showing himself more (no hiding I am pregnant), and I know that this is only the beginning of going from a baby bump to a baby belly. While getting bigger is no fun, it brings me great joy to know that it's all for my little boy. I can't wait to meet him soon.in Drew and Mandy's Beautiful Home
Drew and Mandy - what an incredibly handsome couple!
Also, I broke out the maternity pants this week... thanks to my beautiful friend, Jamie, I have a great selection to choose from. While I still have some pre-preggo pants that fit (although I don't know for how much longer), I thought I would change up my new and limited wardrobe with something different. While it may seem silly, breaking out the maternity pants was a big step to me... knowing that my belly is growing and getting rounder by the day means that it's one day closer until I get to see this little one that is kicking me.
Bringing me to another reason that this week was so big for me... Saturday morning, I woke up at 5:10 (my normal time to get up during the week) to go to the bathroom - a regular occurrence these days. When I got back in bed, I laid on my back and I felt what I thought was a muscle spasm in my stomach. Up to this point, I have felt a lot of little movements in my stomach, but when you have lots of flatulence (or gas as I like to call it, hehe...), it's hard to tell if it's the baby or not. Starting at 18 weeks, I think I felt some little kicks, but the lady that did our ultrasound at 20 weeks said that I probably haven't been feeling all too much because my placenta is on the front of my abdomen - creating a barrier that keeps me from feeling those movements. Well, that is now over.
Back to Saturday morning... I got back in bed and while I was lying there, I began to feel what I thought at first was a muscle spasm. Then, I felt more and more. I laid there with my hands on my belly thinking "Move buddy... let me know it's you." And sure enough, I felt more and more movement and even some hard ones that I would characterize as a thump. It was the sweetest thing. I laid there in the dark with a big smile on my face, knowing that I could feel my little boy move and feeling so blessed to experience the gift of feeling a baby in my womb. Not long after that, Blake got up to go to the bathroom. I know he had all intentions of going back to sleep, but I was about to burst with the news. I happily said, "Blake, our little boy has been kicking me for the past 45 minutes." I can't wait until Blake can feel the kicks too. What a precious gift from God - evidence of the amazing work He is doing in my womb - fearfully and wonderfully forming our son. Praise the Lord!
"I praise you because our little boy is fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your Works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14
Your Works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14
No comments:
Post a Comment